Zonit Micro Transfer Switch
Single power IT devices easy to retrofit with redundant power supply
The Micro Automatic Transfer Switch (μATS™) from Zonit, which doesn’t take up any space in the rack (zero U: device), is the world’s smallest and most compact transfer switching solution that makes it easy to retrofit existing servers and network components with a redundant power supply. This is done simply by connecting the Zonit μATS™ to the central power supply of a network device and establishing a physical connection to an A and B circuit. During normal operation, the Zonit system gets the power it needs to feed the components exclusively from the A circuit. If this circuit fails, the transfer switch automatically switches to the B circuit in just 9 to 11 milliseconds – i.e. ten to twelve times faster than the blink of an eye – and regardless of the phase angle. This circuit then supplies the connected components with all the power they need until the A circuit is ready again to assume the full load. The circuit doesn’t just switch from A to B if the A feed is completely down: even in the event of impending AC frequency increases or overvoltage or undervoltage, the Zonit transfer switch changes from the A to B feed until an acceptable level of power quality is reached again with A.
Maximum protection of IT devices from overload, failure and damage
One of the safety features of the Zonit μATS™ is a patent-pending virtual circuit breaker that immediately triggers an audio alarm if the maximum current of 8A is exceeded. If the excess current continues, the Zonit transfer switch caps the power supply to protect the IT component and a red LED lights up to indicate the off status. It can be manually restarted with the restart button on the transfer switch chassis. Another circuit breaker inside the device is only triggered if, for example, the connected IT device short circuits. This means that the connected IT hardware has maximum protection from malfunctions, failure or even damage caused by power loss at all times.
Available to retrofit a redundant power supply for 1, 2 or 3 IT devices with a single transfer switch
There are different versions of the Zonit Micro Automatic Transfer switch available. The standard single-port version has a C13 connector integrated at the switch. The 1-port “Y” model has a 22cm long cable at the C13 connector. 2-port and 3-port “Hydra” versions are also available. Both are particularly suited for use in highly dense environments. All versions handle voltages between 208 and 240 volts at up to 8 amperes.
- Ultra-compact transfer switch with 1, 2 or 3 ports
- Zero U device
- Single-power devices are supplied with redundant power
- 8 A version for 208 to 240 volts
- Only 9 to 11 ms to switch from primary to secondary power supply
- Switch from A to B circuit regardless of phase angle
- Virtual circuit breaker with audio alarm
- Power supply automatically capped in the event of excess current
- “Hot walk” feature for simple relocation with interrupting the power supply
zLock Power Cord with Locking Mechanism
Protects the power supply cord of the active hardware from being accidentally dislodged
The zLock power cord sets itself apart with a locking mechanism integrated into the plug that clicks into place when a C13 or C19 plug is used for the power connection. This also prevents the power cord and the equipment connected to it from being disconnected at any time either accidentally or as a result of vibrations, thus ensuring an uninterrupted power supply and preventing downtime or even damage to the hardware. To relocate or reconfigure servers, PDUs and other equipment, the zLock plug can simply be disconnected by releasing the red locking mechanism.
The locking mechanism is directly integrated into the C13 or C19 plug for the zLock solution and does not require a counterpart for the respective socket. This means that standard wall and PDU connections can be used depending on the version.
The highlights of the zLock power cord
- Power cord with integrated locking mechanism in the plug
- Replaces existing power cords for IT equipment
- Reliably prevents power cords from being dislodged
- Prevents power interruptions and their consequences
- Locking mechanism automatically clicks into place when connecting plug and socket
- Connection can be released with the slider on the plug
- Support for IEC-60320 C13/C14, IEC-60320 C19/C20, BS1363, Schuko Euro plug, SEV 1011
- Compatible with all conventional C14 and C20 connections
- Special country configurations upon request
- UL, C-UL and TÜV certified
The zLock power cords are also available as versions with dual sided locking mechanism (sliding tabs (C13) or twist lock (C14).
zLock Dual Sided IEC Locking Power Cable
The C13 to C14 locking power cable that eliminates accidental and vibration disconnects
The zLock Dual Sided IEC Locking Cable is the first truly universal C13 to C14 locking power cable that is 100% compatible with existing plugs and receptacles! The dual locking cables simply replace existing power cables and eliminate any accidental and vibration disconnects. They do not require a special mating plug or receptacle in order to have a secure connection. The power cables and all connected IT devices are well protected against unintentional mechanical disconnections and the resulting power supply disruptions which lead to downtime and possible hardware damage. The zLock Dual Sided IEC Locking Cable can be released by simply pulling the red sliding tabs of the C13 connector or opening the twist lock on the C14 side. Simply replace your existing power cable with the zLock Dual Sided IEC Locking Cable and enjoy your increased uptime.
- Unique power cable that locks both ends
- Plug and play replacement for existing power cables of IT devices
- Requires no mating plug or receptacle on the other side of the connection
- Truly universally compatible
- Prevents power cables from being dislodged
- Protects hardware against power supply interruptions and related damages
- Eliminates accidential and vibration disconnects
- Increases the reliability of power distribution in any data centre or IT environment
- Mechanism locks automatically when connected to the power supply inlet
- Unlock by simply pulling the red sliding tabs (C13) or opening the twist lock (C14)
- UL Listed (UL 817) and CE compliant (IEC 60320)
- Available in C13 to C14
- Cable lengths: 0.5m, 1.0m, 1.5m, 2.0m or 2.5m
- Colours: black or red
- Other lengths and colours available upon request
The zLock power cords are also available as versions with single sided locking mechanism (directly integrated into the C13 or C19 plug).
Making things simple
Find out how we can take the hassle away from setting things upOur services »